Cookies & Privacy
1. Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
Jeremy Roe and Lynda Roe (hereinafter referred to as “Downe Cottages”) are the data controller (contact details below). This means we decide how your personal data is processed by Downe Cottages and for what purposes.
3. How Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- to reply to any questions asked by contact made through the website (i.e. by the contact form);
- to process your booking/contract with Downe Cottages;
- to administer customer/client records;
- to maintain Downe Cottages’ accounts and records;
- to inform you of news and events relevant to your booking with Downe Cottages.
When someone visits our website (downecottages.com) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice [https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/]. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, or use a third party service, who we have engaged/used for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service is shared with any third party.
We have verified that these third-party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contractual necessity so that we can reply to you;
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations to your work/contract with Downe Cottages.
5. Sharing Personal Data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your data?
We keep data for as long as you are a client or as long as you wish to be on a list of former clients for occasional contact.
7. Your Right and Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Downe Cottages holds about you;
- The right to request that Downe Cottages corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Downe Cottages to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further Processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please, in the first instance, contact Jeremy Roe at email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The Cookies We Use
OpenStreetMap – This site uses OpenStreetMap to display the site map. It uses a cookie to help speed up map load times. These are necessary for the functioning of the service.
MailChimp – If you signup for our newsletter, there may cookies set by MailChimp (the newsletter service we use) containing anonymous, non personally-identifiable information to identify if you signed correctly and how you use MailChimp. We do not control these cookies. http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Notification of Changes
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.
+44 (0) 1237 440 881
Downe Cottages, Downe Farm, Hartland, Devon, EX39 6DA