Facilities In Our Cottages
About Our Cottages
There are over seven acres of gardens available to guests including a two acre meadow, a wood, a large wild life pond and a play area for young children.
We regret that we do not allow pets and all cottages are non-smoking.
Free Wi-Fi is provided in all the cottages and in the Reading Room.
The Reading Room provides a tranquil area in which guests may relax and read. It is open from 8.00am – 9.00pm.
The Gym is equipped with treadmill, cross trainer, stepper, rower, cycle, recumbent cycle, free weights, ab trainer, exercise bench and exercise mats.
It is available to guests aged over sixteen and open from 8.00am – 9.00pm.
- Sweat towels are provided.
The Steam Room and Sauna are available from 8.00am – 9.00pm and the Spa Bath from 6.00pm – 9.00pm. Guests are able to reserve exclusive use of the Spa facilities.
- Spa towels are provided.
What’s in Downe Holiday Cottages?
- Spacious living and dining areas with locally made reclaimed-pine furniture;
- Fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven, ceramic hob and washer/dryer;
- Every bedroom is en-suite;
- Full oil fired central heating under the guests’ control;
- Log burners or cast iron living flame stoves;
- 43″ Toshiba Smart High Definition TV in each living area;
- Digital 32″ television and DVD player in each master bedroom;
- Exposed timber beams;
- Outside each cottage a designated seating area with wrought iron and pine table and chairs;
- Garage car parking;
- A bathrobe and slippers for each adult guest;
- Complimentary toiletries.
To free up space in your car, a Baby Basket can be ordered in advance at no extra charge. It includes:
- Cot (linen not included);
- Baby Bath;
- Changing Mat.
There is a built in stair gate at the top and bottom of all stairs except those in Honeysuckle which has a stair gate at the top only.