Wistaria Cottage, Sleeps Six – 3 Bedrooms
A fully centrally heated, luxury self catering cottage with three en-suite bedrooms and glorious sea views
Originally a hay barn built in the 1700’s, Wistaria is now a two-story, three-bedroom cottage and looks West out over the Atlantic. Set in an ideal position in the grounds, Wistaria provides magical evening after magical evening as guests dine in the garden watching the sun slowly sink to the horizon and then disappear in a burst of colour on the Ocean’s surface.
After a day spent discovering North Devon or exploring nearby beaches and cliff top haunts, guests can relax with a glass in hand and look out over the lawns and borders that form the Cottage Gardens, across green fields and hedges to the Atlantic Ocean. If they listen very carefully, beyond the silence that wraps Downe in its arms, they can hear the distant whisper of Atlantic breakers crashing against the shore.
Ring 01237 441881 or Contact Us.
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, integrated oven, ceramic hob and washer / dryer
- Antique-pine dining table with seating for six
- Two three seater sofas
- Reclaimed-pine coffee table and library table
- Electric living flame fire
- 43″ Toshiba High Definition Smart TV
- Master Bedroom with a 5″ double bed, a 32″ digital television with DVD player, reclaimed-pine chest of drawers and two bedside tables, and ensuite bathroom with walk-in double shower, w.c. and hand basin
- Two bedrooms both with twin beds, reclaimed-pine chests of drawers and bedside tables, and ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, w.c. and hand basin
- Galleried landing
- Seating area with garden table and chairs.
- Shared grounds of over seven acres
Wistaria has a garden table and chairs located due West of the French windows that open from the living area. The view over the Atlantic Ocean is stunning and many late night dinners take place on summer nights as the sun sets in the West and lights up the sky.