Japonica Cottage, Sleeps Two – 1 Bedroom
A luxury one bedroom self catering holiday cottage.
Built in the early 1800s, Japonica was the stable in which Downe Farm’s two Shire plough horses were kept. It is now a two-story open plan cottage with a beamed bedroom with views up to the sky through two large Velux windows. Beautifully romantic on star-lit nights, Japonica is a lovely cottage for a couple on a celebration get away and looks out across the Courtyard Garden.
On a Summer’s evening sitting outside the cottage, guests find it easy to lose themselves in reverie with the sound of a small waterfall in the central Stone Circle in the Cottage Courtyard and and the sight of swallows twisting and turning acrobatically as dusk falls and shadows lengthen.
Japonica is a beautifully decorated, fully centrally heated and spacious cottage.
Gusts in Japonica look out onto a small courtyard area shared with guests in Hydrangea Cottage, this in turn looks out towards a central Stone Circle within the larger Cottage Courtyard formed by the cottages and Downe House.
Ring 01237 441881 or Contact Us.
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, integrated oven, ceramic hob and washer / dryer
- Reclaimed-pine dining table and chairs
- Reclaimed-pine dresser and coffee table
- 43″ Toshiba High Definition Smart TV
- Living flame electric stove
- Bedroom with a 5′ double bed
- 32″ digital television with DVD player
- Two reclaimed-pine chests-of-drawers
- Reclaimed-pine bedside table
- Ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, w.c. and hand basin
- Dedicated seating area with garden table and chairs
- Courtyard shared with Hydrangea
- Seven acres of grounds shared