Honeysuckle Cottage, Sleeps Two – 1 Bedroom
A luxury one bedroom self catering holiday cottage.
The Southern end of an “L” shaped milking parlour built just after the Battle of Waterloo, Honeysuckle is an open plan one bedroom cottage. From the beamed bedroom guests look out through large French Windows across the Stone Circle in the Cottage Courtyard and across the Cottage Gardens. The open plan living area on the ground floor is bright and airy with large windows on three sides.
On a lazy morning it is a delight to take breakfast sitting just outside Honeysuckle in the Inner Courtyard. The garden table and chairs catch he warmth of the early sun and guests, lounging alongside the granite trough which dates back to the early Middle Ages (when it was used to preserve newly butchered pigs in brine), quickly fall into the slow rhythm of Downe and for a brief week or two they are able to ignore the urgent demands of their Twenty-First Century lives.
In early Summer guests may see House Martin fledglings congregate in small groups on the guttering above them before the young birds launch themselves into the air encouraged by the flights and tweets of parents, uncles, aunts and older siblings. Or they may see the dipping tails of the young Wagtails as they scamper across the roof slates or the first fumbling flights of young house sparrows pushed from their nests beneath the Ivy covered walls of the cottage.
Ring 01237 441881 or Contact Us.
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, integrated oven, ceramic hob and washer / dryer
- Reclaimed-pine dining table and chairs
- Two two-seater sofas
- 43″ Toshiba High Definition Smart TV
- Reclaimed-pine table coffee tables and side table
- Reclaimed-pine sideboard
- Log burner
- Bedroom with a 5′ double bed and ensuite shower room
- 32″ Digital TV with DVD player
- Two reclaimed-pine chests of drawers and one bedside table
- Designated seating area with garden table and chairs
- Shared inner courtyard
- Shared grounds of over seven acres
- Oil fired central heating
- Logs for log burner